Wednesday, January 7, 2009

ode to logan


after making it through another sardine canyon white-out storm, we finally pulled into our beloved little city and immediately began settling in to our new place. i love logan. sure, we are missing belgium and the exciting happenings we managed to squeeze out of everyday life, but we are finding new adventures of our own here in our small town. for example, nowhere else offers car skating, walmart people watching, and frozen fingers contests that can compare to logan's high caliber. and don't even get me started on the basketball games...

we are loving our new apartment, all our wedding gifts we finally get to use and being back at school. ahhh, blessed student life. i was hoping to get a good 'back to school' photo shoot on the first day of classes like my mom used to do- the photo shoot where you look over your shoulder at the camera so you can get the whole new outfit and backpack in the shot- but a 7 am library shift and the lack of back to school clothes stomped on that dream. instead you will have to trust me when i say we are having a blast here in logan again, old backpacks and all.

we had a fabulous christmas and new year's celebration so i will be sure to get on the ball once classes settle in and get some highlights on here. until then, enjoy the snow!

9 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh, I love Logan! It was fun to see you guys at the Christmas party! Say hi to the 61st ward for us (if that is the ward you end up being in!)

Leslea said...

I miss the 'back to school' photo shoots!
I hope all is going well with your new classes.

Kristen said...

Can I just tell you how much I love love love Logan?? That is where my family is from and I would just love to live there! I love the picture of the University. I need to come visit you sometime!

Kellee said...

HEY STRANGERS!!! how the heck are you two!? Brady wanted to know how you guys are doing. I guess he misses you or something!? haha

Kellee said...

HEY STRANGERS!!! how the heck are you two!? Brady wanted to know how you guys are doing. I guess he misses you or something!? haha

Maren said...

Brrrrr. I visited your mum yesterday. She told me to comment on your blog cuz it makes you feel special :) I really do love reading your blog. You two are coorasy!

The Ball Family said...

Hey you two! Welcome back to Logan. It has been forever. It looks like your time in Europe was a blast. Good for you. We have to get together so that you can see little Brynnlee.

Anonymous said...

You actually read your textbooks?? Glad you are back.

Anonymous said...

Dear kids, We didn`t post a comment after we talked to you on the phone. The photos of the books were very clever and sooo Cade and Ashley. You are both the best. Love Mommy and Pops